VR (virtual reality) is changing our life, we can feel the world better with VR headset. Have you got one loved VR headset, like: HTC Vive, Samsung Gear VR, Oculus VR, PS VR headset, etc? For enjoying the 3D videos on VR headset, you need to prepare the 3D movies for your VR headset, even though now, more and more 3D videos which is connected with VR headset closely, playing 3D video on VR headset is still not a easy thing due to the video incompatibility issue.
Different VR headset supports different 3D video formats and 3D video effect, some even limit the video aspect ratio. So VR video converter is the goal that most 3D fans are looking for. VR video converter not only can change the 3D video to your desired video format, also can convert multiple 2D video formats to 3D video effortlessly. This post will tell you how to choose one desired VR vidoe converter and introduce you some best VR video converters for Mac (masOS high Sierra).
Friendly Suggestions When You Are Looking For VR Video Converter
Choosing a VR video converter is not a easy thing, you need to consider many factors, like the software stability: poor stability will affect the software running and conversion speed. video formats number is also important, some VR video converter only can support few video formats which will affect you to enjoy most excellent videos. More details are below:
*Stability: High stability can help you to get the 3D video quickly, some powerful Vr video converter even allows you to do batch video conversion.
*Video formats: When you choose a VR video converter which only can support MP4 and MOV, you must be disappointed. more vide0 formats, better 3D movie options.
*Speed: faster, better, no one want to spend much time and energy on the video conversion.
* Support: Lots of useful online resources, FAQs , product tutorials or user guides help you to get the best 3D video service.
Best VR Video Converter on Mac (macOS High Sierra)
From above information, we have found some powerful VR video converter for Mac (macOS High Sierra), you can choose one you like best, also you can search for the similar software for your VR headset.
- Support Mac OS well. including the latest macOS High Sierra and other Mac OS: macOS Sierra, Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, etc.
- Support multiple video formats input: MP4, AVI, MOV, MKV, etc, about 200+, also support the DVD and Blu-ray disc, image and folder.
- Convert any common 2D video to 3D video, 3D Blu-ray video to 3D video files with various 3D video formats: MKV, MP4, MOV, WMV, AVI.
- Provide different 3D video effect: Side-by-Side, Top-Bottom, Anaglyph.
- With built-in 3D video editor, you can dress up the 3D video at will
- Allow users to do batch 2D to 3D video conversion
- Convert 200+ 2D video to 3D video formats
- Support various VR headset, like: HTC Vive, Gear VR, PS VR, Google CardBoard, etc.
- You can choose 3D video formats: MKV, MP4, MOV, WMV, AVI with Side-by-Side, Top-Bottom, Anaglyph 3D video effect
- Portable devices preset: iPad, iPhone, iPoad, PS4, Xbox one, etc.
- Allow you to adjust the video parameters: video and audio codec, video frame, video bitrate, video resolution, audio channel, etc.
NO 3. ImTOO 3D Movie Converter
- Convert standard 2D videos to 3D videos as a perfect 2D to 3D Conversion software.
- Convert format between kinds of 3D movies.
- Convert 3D videos to standard 2D videos.
- Support outputting Red/Cyan Anaglyph 3D video format, so you can enjoy 3D effect on a standard 2D TV; also support Side-by-Side 3D and Top and Bottom 3D.
- Support all kind of popular video formats like H.264/MPEG-4, AVI, MPEG, WMV, MP4, FLV, MKV, DivX, XviD, MOV, RM, RMVB, TS.
- Work well with iPad, iPhone, PS3, Apple TV, Xbox and other smart phones.
NO 4. TriDef 3D
- Add a Side by Side (Letterbox) 3D display mode.
- Convert videos, games and photos from 2D to 3D
- Used in normal 3D mode to correct shadow issues for some games
- Support 3D video for PCs, TVs, mobile phones and tablets.
NO 5. EZ Video Studio
- Converting favorite 2 Dimensional videos, movies to 3 Dimensional Videos.
- It is required to have 3D Glasses (Red/Cyan anaglyph as default) to view the output Videos.
- Output 3D Glasses options include: Red/Cyan, Green/Magenta, Yellow/Blue, 3D Vision Side-by-Side and Top/Bottom Glasses; Shutter Glasses Interlaced and Flipping Modes.
- There is a Device Pre-Set Option that you could choose to quickly convert your favorite video clips to use with Smart-Phones or Tablets.
- Extracting Audio (save as: .aac, m4a, mp3, ogg, wma, wav) from a Video clip is also available.
Best Video Format and Players for Top VR Headsets
For better using the VR video converter, you need to know your VR headset supported 2D and 3D video formats well. Also you need to get one 3D video player for your VR headset. Below table can be helpful for you.
|Best VR Headsets||2D Video Format||3D Video Format|
|HTC Vive||MP4||3D SBS/360 degree Video|
|Oculus Rift||MKV, MP4, AVI, WMV||3D SBS/360 degree Video|
|Google DayDream||MP4||3D SBS/360 degree Video|
|PS VR||MP4||360 degree Video (SBS if VR player are installed)|
|Homido VR||MP4, MOV||3D SBS/360 degree Video|
|VR One||MP4, MOV, M4V||3D SBS/360 degree Video|
|Gear VR||MP4, AVI, and FLV||3D SBS/360 degree Video|
|Google CardBoard||MP4, MOV, M4V||3D SBS/360 degree Video|
|Top VR players||Supported OS||Supported Video Formats|
|VR Player||Windows, Mac, Android||2D, 3D|
|RiftMax||Mac, Windows||2D, 3D|
|Kolor Eyes||Windows, Mac, iOS, Android||H264, H265/HEVC, ProRes, Cineform|
|LiveViewRift||Mac, Windows||All common formats|