If you are going for a mobile based VR headset I would suggest ZEISS VR one. It’s cheaper,but its optics are definitely better. It currently has two trays available – Samsung Galaxy S5 and iPhone 6(4.7) and supports MP4 and MOV formats. Put your 3D MP4/MOV movies into these two smart phones, you can easily go into the world of virtual and augmented reality. But, if you have other 3D videos like 3D MKV/FLV, how can you put them to Samsung Galaxy S5/iPhone 6 to watch on ZEISS VR One?
In fact, it is a easy job. You just need a right program and transcode these 3D MKV/FLV movies to ZEISS VR One supported 3D MP4/MOV formats. With Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate, you can get this done easily and quickly. This app not only can convert 3D MKV/FLV/AVI/ WMV to 3D MP4/MOV for ZEISS VR One, but also enables you to adjust video resolution to 720p which is best for watching in ZEISS VR One.
In addition, it also can rip 2D/3D DVD/Blu-ray, Blu-ray folder, DVD IFO/ISO to ZEISS VR One compatible 3D MP4/MOV with excellent output video quality. You can learn more about Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate in review.
You can freely download and install it o your PC at below:
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-video-converter-ultimate/
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-75938564.html
How to convert 3D MKV/AVI/WMV/FLV to 3D MP4/MOV for ZEISS VR One?
Step 1: Import 3D source video
Step 2: Choose an output format
Note: For movies in 720p resolution are best for watching in the VR ONE Cinema. So you can open profile settings window, and adjust video size to 1280x720p for ZEISS VR One.
Step 3: Start to rip 3D MKV/AVI/FLV to 3D SBS MP4
Transfer your movies to your iPhone
- Connect your iPhone 6 to iTunes
- Select your iPhone and go to “Apps” / “File Sharing” / “VR ONE Cinema”
- Drag and drop any .mp4 / .mov file into the list of documents.
- Important: DRM-protected movies (e.g. purchased movies from iTunes Store) are not supported.
Transfer your movies to your Android phone
- Connect your Android phone via USB cable and open Android file transfer
- Create a folder “VRCinema” on your phone at root level
- Drag and drop any .mp4/.mov file into this folder.
- Important: DRM-protected movies (e.g. purchased movies from Google Play) are not supported.
- Movies in 720p resolution are best for watching in the VR ONE Cinema.
With these steps, you should be able to watch all your various 3D MKV/AVI/FLV/WMV in ZEISS VR One smoothly.