Have you copied DVD to Video-TS folder on Mac? With times goes by, you maybe find that you can’t play these Video-TS file nor edit them on your Mac. To use Video-TS folder, you simply need to convert these Video-TS to MP4 video files. With this guide you’ll be able to transcode Video-TS to MP4 on Mac.
What Is VIDEO_TS File?
When we talk about VIDEO_TS files, they are generally a structure a DVD movie that contains information regarding the video. The full form of VIDEO_TS is Video Transport System and the folder mainly contains 3 major files VIDEO_TS.BUP, VIDEO_TS.IFO and VIDEO_TS.VOB.
- VIDEO_TS.VOB (object files): These files contain the major part of the data present in a DVD including actually video, audio data, subtitles and other information.
- VIDEO_TS.IFO (information files): These files mainly contain the basic information regarding the DVD and its VOB files. These files thus have data regarding as to what data is to be loaded when DVD is inserted, markers of DVD chapter, DVD commands by user and other.
- VIDEO_TS.BUP (backup files): These files are the copies of the IFO files and basically work as backup when the original information files gets corrupt and cannot be read.
Why Convert Video-TS to MP4 on Mac?
You can simply add DVD Video-TS to iTunes for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV playback. Or you can simply watch a favorite DVD movies with MacBook on a long airplane trip to kill boring time.
When you want DVD on Kodi 17, you never need to be upset which chapter is the mian title or watch DVD movies by part and part. By converting video-TS to MP4 in a single file, you can easily play DVD movies on Kodi.
By converting Video-TS to MP4, you can load your DVD video to NAS for Samsung TV, LG TV, Sony TV, Vizio TV, Sharp TV, Philips TV streaming freely.
Even your 5-year-old daughter can start her movie easily with QuickTime or other Mac video player without doubting which chapter to click.
Two Ways to Convert Video-TS to MP4 on Mac
- Convert VIDEO_TS files to MP4 using Handbrake
- Convert Video-TS to MP4 with Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac
Method 1: Convert VIDEO_TS files to MP4 using Handbrake
HandBrake is a free tool that’s available for Windows, Mac OS and Ubuntu that allows you to take a video in various formats and convert it to an MP4.
The steps below show how to use HandBrake to convert a VIDEO_TS folder to an MP4 file on Mac
1. If you don’t already have HandBrake, it can be downloaded here: https://handbrake.fr/
2. Open HandBrake
3. Click on the ‘Source’ button and then ‘Folder’
4. Browse to your VIDEO_TS folder and click ‘Select Folder
5. Once HandBrake has loaded the folder you will see options at the top of the window that allow you to choose a time or chaper range to convert to MP4.
6. Click on ‘Browse’ under ‘Destination’ to select where you want to the MP4 file to be saved to.
7. Click on the ‘Start’ button to start the procses.
Method 2: Convert Video-TS to MP4 with Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac
Pavtue iMedia Converter for Mac makes perfect-quality backup of all your DVDs, ISO images and DVD Video_TS folders using on your computer hard drive and convert entire Video_TS to MP4 single file or other mainstream formats like Video_TS to MKV, AVI, WMV, MOV, VOB, etc. Standing out from the rivals in the market doesn’t merely lies in its DVD backup performance, it out-performs other Video_TS converters with intuitive interface, a wide range of supported multimedia file types, a massive set of profiles ready for phones and tablets, the unique DVD copy protection bypass trait and other awesome features. Read iMedia Converter for Mac review.
Step 1. Import Video_TS files
After installing the Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac, launch it. Proceed to the “File” menu and select Load from folder”. This will guide you to the option of importing the Video TS files to the program. Alternatively, you can opt to drag and drop the videos to the program, and the files will be loaded to the converter automatically. The dragging option works but its advisable to select the importing section
Step 2. Choose MP4 as output format
Using the mouse, navigate to the format tab and select an output format. On the drop down menu, you will see MP4, FLV, MOV, AVI, XviD, WMW and much more. Select the MP4 as our output format and proceed to step 3 which is the final step. Click the format bar to follow “HD Video” and “H.264 HD Video (*.mp4)”.
Tip: Check an item to active the “Video Editor” function, then click the pencil like icon on the top tool bar to open the “Video Editor” window, you can trim video length, crop video black bars, add watermark, apply sepcial rendering effect, remove/replace audio in video, etc.
Step 3. Start converting Video_TS to MP4
Using the bottom toolbar, specify a directory to save the output file, the click on the “Convert” command to initiate the conversion. The conversion takes a few minutes. You will get the correct conversation within minutes. In case the storage space is not ready, most random-access based systems will automatically save data packets into a temporary buffer. After the conversion is complete, packets are written out of order as the converter keeps track of them.
Why Choose Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac rather than Handbrake?
From the above form, we can see that both Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac and Handbrake can convert Video-TS to MP4 on Mac. However, here I want to prove you that Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac is more powerful than Handbrake. Take a look at what Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac can do!
1. Wide range of conversion objects
As a video converter, Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac not only can convert Video-TS to MP4 but also can convert Blu-ray/DVDs/Videos to virtually any format you want. However, Handbrake fails to do the Blu-ray sources conversion, which hardly makes you satisfied. And it only can convert video to MP4, MKV.
2. Loading speed
The speed of loading files is much slower than Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac, especially while importing DVD files.
3. Video preview window
This is one of the most outstanding features of Pavtube product. When you open Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac and load Video-TS DVDs, on the right side of the main interface there is a small window allows you to have a smooth preview of the video you want to convert. Really a big highlight!
4. Editing functionality
Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac has more powerful editing functionality, including cropping, trimming, adding text, image and video watermarks, audio replacement, adjusting contrast, brightness, and saturation, as well as adding special effects, and deinterlacing while Handbrake only supports cropping, adding subtitles, adding multiple audio tracks, and video filters.
- How to convert TS to MKV for playback with VLC?
- 2017 Top 4 Pavtube DVD to MP4 Rippers for Mac
- Get Best 3 Recommend of DVD to MKV Rippers for MacOS Sierra
- Handbrake 1.0.0 Issues on macOS Sierra and solution
- Top 5 H.265/HEVC Player to Play HEVC Videos on macOS Sierra