Windows Media Player 12 won’t give you the option to rip a CD unless there’s an audio CD in the computer’s drive. Now if there isn’t a CD in the drive, the only choices are Organize, Stream and Playlist. However, once you insert a CD in the computer’s drive, the option to “Rip CD” and “Rip settings” appear. What’s happening? Windows Media Player 12 can’t play the CDs? How to solve this issue?
Most of the time creating audio CDs in WMP 12 goes without a hitch, but sometimes things can go wrong resulting in CDs that just don’t seem to work. The good news is that you can convert the CDs to Windows Media Player 12 supported videos and save the output videos in USB, you can play the converted CDs in Windows Media Player 12 with the USB port. We will recommend you one powerful DVD ripper which can convert the CDs to Windows Media Player 12 supported videos.
Tip: Windows Media Player 12 supported videos
- Windows Media formats (.asf, .wma, .wmv, .wm) | Moving Pictures Experts Group (.mpg, .mpeg, .m1v, .mp2, .mp3, .mpa, .mpe, .m3u) | Indeo Video Technology (.ivf)
- Windows Media Metafiles (.asx, .wax, .wvx, .wmx) | Musical Instrument Digital Interface (.mid, .midi, .rmi) | Windows Media Player Skins (.wmz, .wms)
- Windows Media Metafiles (.wpl) | Audio Interchange File Format (.aif, .aifc, .aiff) | QuickTime Movie file (.mov)
- Microsoft Digital Video Recording (.dvr-ms) | Sun Microsystems and NeXT (.au, .snd) | MP4 Audio file (.m4a)
- Windows Media Download Package (.wmd) | Audio for Windows (.wav) | MP4 Video file (.mp4, .m4v, .mp4v, .3g2, .3gp2, .3gp, .3gpp)
- Audio Visual Interleave (.avi) | CD Audio Track (.cda) | Windows audio file (.aac, .adt, .adts) | MPEG-2 TS Video file (.m2ts)
Best DVD Ripper for Windows Media Player 12
We think you may need this: Pavtube ByteCopy, which can support the DVD, Blu-ray and CDs, you also can load the DVD and Blu-ray disc images and folder. Whatever you are the Windows user or the Mac user, you can own it, with the high stability, you can install it on the latest Windows 10 and macOS High Sierra. If you want to play the DVD and Blu-ray movies on it, you can remove the Blu-ray AACS protection, BD+ protection, Blu-ray region code A/B/C, Blu-ray UOPs, DVD region code, DVD CSS, UOPs, etc.
There are 300+ videos in this post, you can choose one video formats for Windows Media Player 12, you can rip and convert the CDs to multiple video formats, like the MP4, WMV, AVI, MOV, FLV, etc. You also can choose the HD video which provides you the 1080p video resolution. You not only can choose the Windows Media Player 12 supported videos, you also can choose other device or media player which you want to play the CDs on, like the VLC, QuickTime, iPad, iPhone, TVs, NLE, Android devices, Xbox One X, PS4, etc.
Steps: Convert the CDs to Windows Media Player 12
Step 1. Load CD disc with the program
For loading CD disc, you will need an external Blu-ray drive. The run the program on the computer, click “File” > “Load from disc” to load CD into the program, you also can drag the videos to it directly. By the way, you can load the DVD and Blu-ray videos with the same way.
Step 2. Choose output video formats
Click the Format button, you can find 300+ video formats at here, you can choose one from the Common Video. For 1080p videos, you can choose one from the HD Video, like the HD MP4 video, HD WMV video. You also can choose the device preset, like the iPhone, iPad, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, etc.
Step 3. Start the conversion process
Go back to the main interface, press right-bottom “Convert” button to start CDs conversion process.
When you get the videos, you can save it in the USB and play the converted CDs on Windows Media Player 12 with USB, you also can transfer the videos to iPhone, iPad for playback. Good luck to you.