The D-Link Boxee Box links to your network and connects to your TV or A/V receiver by way of its HDMI port to deliver high-definition audio and video (1080p). It supports a huge number of media codecs but not includes Blu-rays. If you want to stream Blu-ray via D-Link Boxee Box, you can rip Blu-ray to D-Link Boxee Box supported digital files.
To copy Blu-ray to D-Link Boxee Box for playing, you can use a Blu-ray Ripper. You can try to use Pavtube ByteCopy for Windows/Mac to rip Blu-ray to Boxee supported format like AVI, MP4, WMV, MKV, etc. In this way it gives pretty sharp image when streaming the movies from Boxee to HDTV.
More Features of ByteCopy
* Rip any Blu-rays/DVDs/ISO to Boxee in MP4, FLV, AVI, MOV, H.264, H.265, M3U8, WMV, AAC, etc.
* Backup Blu-rays/DVDs to multi-track MKV for Boxee with lossless quality and preservation of all audio tracks, subtitles and chapter markers, etc.
* Rip Blu-ray/DVD to Boxee with forced subtitle, desire subtitle/audio tracks
* Edit Blu-rays/DVDs/ISO: Trim, crop, merge videos, add watermark and subtitle etc.
* Extract SRT Subtitles from Blu-ray disc, BDMV and ISO file
* Constantly update to decrypt the latest Blu-rays, DVDs
Free download and install:
Rip Blu-ray to use on D-Link Boxee Box
Step 1: On a Windows PC, insert the Blu-ray Disc to optical drive, run Blu-ray Ripper. Follow these steps to rip BD/DVD for Boxee:
1. Click “File” to crack copy-protection and import Blu-ray Disc
2. The main title is checked automatically so you don’t need to check other chapters.
3. From “Audio” and “Subtitles” box, set desired language.
Step 2: Boxee supports the following common container formats- AVI, MPEG, WMV, ASF, FLV, MOV, and MKV. These formats you can find in “Common Video” and “HD Video” category. For a DLNA based media streaming device like D-Link Boxee, MPEG-4 .mp4 is the best format because it’s optimal for streaming between both home devices and mobile devices.
The Pavtube ByteCopy lets users to adjust output video quality and file size. Click “Settings” button, then you will be able to adjust all the settings in the following window, including codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel.
Step 3: Click “Convert” button to start to rip Blu-ray to D-Link Boxee. When the process ends, just open the output folder to locate the generated MP4 files for Boxee.
Copy Blu-ray rips to the folder shared with Boxee Media Manager and then you can play movies instantly and stream them to iPad Pro, iPad Air, PS4, HD TV and other devices. If you own a D-Link Boxee box, you can also transfer movie rips to an USB stick and lets the box plays Blu-ray rips from the USB storage.
- Rip Blu-ray to NAS for HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro Playing with Kodi
- Play 3D Blu-ray ISO Files on Kodi
- Rip Blu-ray to Kodi with MakeMKV
- Rip/Backup Blu-ray/DVD to FreeNAS Home Server
- How to Stream Blu-ray to WD MyCloud With the Best Video Quality