If you missed the Oscar 2016 Nominations best movies in theater, you can watch them by downloading them from torrent sites. There are some Oscar movies available now on YouTube, Netflix, etc. So you can download them on Mac and then watch them one by one later. But if your downloaded Oscar movies are MKV/FLV/AVI formats, I suggest you to convert these MKV/FLV/AVI files to MOV format on Mac El Capitan.
See: Here’s Where to Watch the 2016 Oscar Nominees
Why You Need to Convert Oscars AVI/MKV/FLV Movies to MOV on Mac El Capitan
The defaul media player Quicktime on Mac El Capitan doesn’t supprot Oscar AVI/FLV/MKV movies.
You can transfer the Oscar movies to iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch to play if you re-encode the Oscar MKV/FLV/AVI files to MOV.
When you transcode Oscar FLV/MKV/MKV to MOV on Mac El Capitan, you can transfer Oscar MOV files to iTunes then you can stream the Oscar movies on iOS devices via iTunes freely.
How to Convert Oscar MKV/FLV/AVI to MOV on Mac El Capitan?
To convert Oscar MKV/FLV/AVI movies to MOV on Mac El Capitan, you have to use a video transcoder that can be compatible with the new 10.11.4 El Capitan. After tested some top-ranked video converter and read some comparison reviews in top ten review site, I finally seleted Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac which has the main features below:
– Convert Oscar MKV, AVI, VOB, FLV, etc movies to MOV on Mac El Capitan.
– Copy Oscar MKV, AVI, ISO, WMV, FLV, etc movies to H.265, M3U8 and other digital files on Mac El Capitan.
– Compress 4K Oscar MKV, AVI, FLV to 1080p to transfer to iPhone 6S, iPad Pro.
– Support batch conversion that can save your lots of time.
– Adjust A/V codec, bitrate, channel, resolution, frame rate and display aspect ratio.
– Compatible with Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan,10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, etc.
Free download and install
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/imedia-converter-mac/
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-iMedia-Converter/3000-2194_4-76177788.html
Steps to Convert Oscar MKV/FLV/AVI to MOV on Mac El Capitan
Step 1: Import Oscar MKV/FLV/AVI
Click “Add video/audio” to add local Oscar MKV/FLV/AVI to the software. Pls bear in mind that you can add more than one movies at a time since the program has batch conversion function. And you can select the desired subtitle/audio track, even forced subtitle below the chapter list.
Step 2: Choose MOV format
Click “Format” to open the window where holds hundreds of video formats. Navigate to “Common Video” > “MOV-QuickTime(*.mov)”.
Tip: “Settings” icon next to “Format” can give you surprise. You can change the video resolution, size, codec and other parameters and preview the video size in the chart. If you need to compress 4k to 1080p, you just need to change the number in “Size” box to 1080p.
Step 3: Start to convert Oscar MKV/FLV/AVI on Mac El Capitan
Now hit on the “Convert” button on software main interface to start the Oscar MKV/FLV/AVI to MOV conversion on Mac El Capitan. After conversion, hit “Open” or “Open output folder” to quick locate generated MOV files.
You can sync the converted Oscar MKV/FLV/AVI to iTunes on Mac so that you can play the Oscar movies on iPhone, iPad. Or you can choose to play the Oscar movies with QuickTime on Mac.
- How to Play H.265/HEVC Video on QuickTime on Mac El Capitan?
- How to Playing Blu-ray on Quicktime on Mac?
- Make 3D Movies for your Samsung Gear VR With Old Movie Library and Blu-ray/DVD Disc
- Convert MKV to WMV for Windows Media Player
- Play and Edit BDMV Files with QuickTime, iMovie, FCP on Mac OS X El Capitan