YouTube is always a main source to download 3D video for VR Headsets. When you have Oculus Rift CV1 in handy, you maybe also want to download some YouTube 3D video and watch with Oculus Rift CV1. So here, let’s show you how to watch 3D YouTube video on Oculus Rift CV1step-by-step.
Guide to Play Youtube 3D Videos on Your Oculus Rift CV1:
1. Install Virtual Desktop.
2. Find a 3D Youtube video.
Copy the link from the 3D video. For example, you could paste the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdTm7Vpape0
To watch it in 3D, you better use Chrome as it’s the only browser that allows you to play it without problems.
3. Copy/paste the link to your Virtual Desktop.
Open up “Virtual Desktop” and go to VIDEO PLAYER tab. Paste the link in the “Paste URL” blank.
Virtual Desktop will take care of downloading the video at the highest quality possible (usually 4K when its available) and will play it back right away.
The videos are saved into your “My Videos\360 Videos” folder.
Virtual Desktop is good for watching Youtube 360 and Youtube 3603d videos. You paste the url and Virtual Desktop downloads the whole file and starts it playing full screen on the headset automatically. It is very interesting to see the Google Jump 3603d videos in it. You can see stitching flaws in Google Jump videos much more clearly than with anything else I think –eg. the violin bows in Resonance in the orchestra scenes.
Whirligig also works well with Oculus Rift CV1 and is more extensive in its support of various angular coverage fisheye (“dome”) stereo videos and equi (“barrel”) format stereo videos. But it is a hassle to use I think as it doesnt support mouse input (only keyboard and xbox controller),
Convert 3D YouTube Video to Oculus Rift CV1
You might have downloaded some 3D videos from YouTube a long time ago for your Gear VR. These 3D video maybe 3D FLV, 3D MKV, 3D MP4. But when you just test it with a 3D SBS .mkv file on Oculus Rift CV1, it does in fact work but possibly you will have is that you can’t get sound to play cause some .mkv uses DTS sound which the Oculus video app might not be able to process. If you have such 3D YouTube video, you maybe need to convert it to 3D MP4 for CV1.
Best 3D Oculus Rift CV1 Converter– Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate
– Convert 3D YouTube video to 3D SBS MP4 for Oculus Rift CV1.
– Convert 3D MTS, 3D AVCHD, 3D MKV video to 3D MP4 video.
– Rip 3D Blu-ray/3D BD ISO to 3D MKV/MP4/WMV/AVI/MOV.
– Re-encode 3D MKV DTS audio to 3D MKV AAC/AC3 audio.
– Transcode any 2D video source to 3D SBS/TAB/Anaglyph video.
Step 1. Add 3D YouTube Video
After running the program, load 3D YouTube videos to it by clicking Add button or simply drag & drops. You can add many files and convert them at one time.
Step 2. Choose Output Format
Click “Format” bar and find “3D Video”, there are a lot of format options for you. “MP4 Side-by-Side 3D Video (*.mp4)” is recommended for Oculus Rift CV1.
Tip: Click “Settings” which is next to “Format”, free change your target video size, bitrate, frame rate and 3D depth. If you want to get best video quality, pls switch them to “original”. 3D movies should be encoded “full side-by-side” with a 1:1 pixel aspect ratio. Content mastered at 1920×1080 compressed side-by-side 3D should be resampled to 1920×540 resolution full side-by-side resolution. Higher resolutions will not provide any better quality, meaning you’ll waste space and processing power. We also recommend using a higher bit rate than a typical web stream at that resolution, as the pixels in your video will be magnified on the phone’s screen. The optimal bit rate is content dependent, and many videos can get by with less, but 5 Mb/s should give good quality.
Step 3: Start 3D YouTube video Conversion
The last step is to press the “Convert” button to start 3D YouTube video to Oculus Rift CV1 conversion. After the conversion, click “open output folder” to quick locate the generated media file.
Two ways to watch your converted 3D video content in Oculus Video CV1.
Method 1: You can copy your compatible video files directly to your phone or SD card* in any of the following directories:
On your phone’s internal storage (Phone): /DCIM/ /Movies/ /Oculus/Movies/
On your phone’s removable SD card* (Card): /DCIM/ /Movies/ /Oculus/Movies/
Method 2: set up an Xbox One controller with the Oculus Rift CV1
When you decide to connect your Xbox One Controller to your Windows PC you can choose to do that wirelessly or by cable. So you can have the opportunity to play games on your computer you just need to pair it with one of the two ways. This tutorial will guide you how to successfully finish the setup for your Xbox One controller with your Oculus Rift. This are the steps you will need to take to setup your Xbox One Controller :
1. How to Setup the Xbox One Controller in wireless mode
- First connect your USB wireless adapter to any available port for USB
- If you have problem with your USB port use the USB extender, that is already included. This way your wireless will go smooth without interference.
- Make the connection with the wireless adapter and the USB extender and then plug in the USB extender in the port for USB.
- Put the AA batteries in the battery bay of the controller.
- Press the Xbox button on the controller until you see that the lights are on.
- On your wireless adapter you will see a sync button, press it and then hold it for a little while so you can pair the controller with the wireless adapter.
- The light you will see on your Xbox controller shows the pairing status, this way you will know if the Xbox controller and the wireless adapter are successfully paired
- If the light flashes slowly then the pairing is not successful
- If the light flashes rapidly than the pairing is still in progress
- If the light is solid than you are finished
If the region you live in has any kind of restriction for using wireless adapters, than with your Rift you will get a micro- USB cable
2. You can connect you Xbox Controller to your PC without the need of batteries by using your micro USB cable. The cable is not included in the box. If you decide to use your controller in wired mode than be aware that this way your movements in virtual reality are going to be limited. Do this following steps to setup your Xbox Controller in wired mode:
- Put your micro USB cable into available USB port on your computer
- Wait for couple of seconds for your computer to detect the Xbox drivers
- View 3D Movies with Gear VR via Galaxy S7/S7 Edge
- Convert 3D MKV/FLV/WMV/AVI to Galaxy S5/iPhone 6 For Watching on ZEISS VR One
- How to Copy 3D Blu-ray to Samsung Galaxy S5 for ZEISS VR One?
- Make 3D MKV Playable on Samsung Active 3D UE55H6400
- How to play 3D ISO files on Samsung 3D Smart TV in 3D Mode?