Apart from Google Cardboard, Google made another VR Headsets – Google Daydream VR, a platform for high quality, mobile virtual reality made to take you on incredible adventures. With Daydream-ready phone, you can explore on incredible adventures in virtual reality through Google Daydream VR. Now, let’s see how to watch all kinds of 3D videos including 3D MKV/MTS/ISO/FLV on Google Daydream VR.
First of all, you should know which phone is Daydream-ready. So far, only a few Daydream-ready phones have been announced but a few more recent devices will possibly be included to the list. But until the official hardware spec is published, we can’t say for sure. Here’s the confirmed list so far:
- Google Pixel XL
- Google Pixel
- ZTE Axon 7
- Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe
- Huawei Mate 9 and Mate S2
- LG V20
Rumor says that Android phones with below Daydream-ready specs mostly can be used to play 3D video for Google Daydream VR.
1. The Snapdragon 820 is the minimum chipset required for the CPU and GPU performance expected by Google and 4 GB of RAM looks to be the minimum memory requirement.
2. On the display front, at least a Full HD OLED display with low persistence is also necessary.
3. As Qualcomm notes in its VR Software Development Kit notes for the Snapdragon 820, VR also requires “predictive head position processing” which the Qualcomm Hexagon DSP includes.
4. All devices will need to be running Android 7.0 Nougat to take advantage of its Sustained Performance Mode for VR, too.
These Daydream-ready phones determined what video files can be played on Google Daydream VR. Refering to the supported files of these Daydream-ready phones, MP4, WMV, FLV, 3GP formats will be fine for Google Daydream VR. Of course, for wide compatibility, 3D SBS MP4 in H.264 codec will be the best choice for Google Daydream VR. So, if you have some 3D MKV, 3D FLV, 3D BD ISO, 3D MTS, 3D Tivo, 3D AVCHD, 3D Blu-ray, how can you play these 3D video on Google Daydream VR? With a VR Video Converter, you can convert these 3D MKV/ISO/MTS, etc to 3D SBS MP4 for Google Daydream VR.
Best VR Video Converter for Google Daydream VR
Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate is absolutely the best VR Video Converter for Google Daydream VR on PC. It can handle nearly all video and export perfect 3D video for Google Daydream VR. This professional and powerful software performs the functions of 2D to 3D Converter, and 3D to 3D Converter.
– Switch 3D MKV, 3D BD ISO, 3D MTS to 3D MP4 for Google Daydream VR.
– Rip commercial 3D Blu-ray to 3D SBS MP4 for Google Daydream VR.
– Convert MKV/MOV/AVI/MP4/MTS, etc video in 2D to 3D for Google Daydream VR.
– Copy 2D Blu-ray and DVD to Google Daydream VR playable 3D video.
– Allow users to choose 1080*720, 1920*1080, 2160*1200 resolution in light of your Daydream-ready phones’ display specs.
If want to try Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate, just click here:
If you are a Mac user, please get a VR Video Converter for Mac.
Convert 3D MKV/FLV/MTS/ISO/Tivo to 3D MP4 for Google Daydream VR
Step 1: Import video.
Insert your 3D/2D Blu-ray/DVD movie to disc drive, and click “Load from disc” button to load Blu-ray or DVD from ROM. For video file, click the “Add video” button, browse to computer hard drive and import video into this app.
Step 2. Choose 3D format for Google Daydream VR
Click the “Format” bar and find “3D Video”, you will find several presets for MKV/MP4/MOV/AVI in Side-by-Side 3D, Top-Bottom 3D and Anaglyph 3D. Here MP4 Side-by-Side 3D Video(*.mp4) is most recommended formats for Google Daydream VR, but you still need to check your device specification to choose one accordingly.
Step 3. Adjust 3D effect.(Optional)
Click “Settings” to enter customize specs window; you can adjust resolution(size), bitrate, frame rate, 3D mode and depth here.
Step 3: Convert BD/DVD/Video to SBS 3D MP4 for Google Daydream VR
Click “Convert” button, video to SBS 3D MP4 conversion begins. When the process finishes, open the output folder to locate it.
Here you go. So easy to convert movies library to 3D movies for your Google Daydream VR. Now transfer your 3D MP4 movies to your Google Pixel XL, Google Pixel and other Daydream-ready Phones then slide your Daydream-ready phones to Google Daydream VR for enjoy your 3D home theater. Have Fun!
Note: This 3D MP4 videos can be also played in HTC Vive, Samsung Gear VR, PSVR, Oculus Rift CV1/DK2, View-Master VR and other VR Headsets.
- Teach you How to Watch 3D YouTube on Oculus Rift CV1
- Make 3D MKV Playable on Samsung Active 3D UE55H6400
- How to play 3D ISO files on Samsung 3D Smart TV in 3D Mode?
- Play 3D Netflix Movies on LG 3D TV
- Get 3D Blu-ray (MVC) onto Plex for Perfect Streaming in Panasonic VT65
Leave a Reply