Vizio has been adding streaming apps to its smart TVs these past few weeks, including Netflix and Amazon Video. Best of all, if you have a Vizio VIA+ or D-Series, you’ll be able to find your favorite movies and TV shows with the Google Play Movies & TV app on VIZIO VIA+/D-series Smart TVs. This means Google Play Movies & TV app now available on VIZIO TVs. In addition, Vizio began offering 4K movies to take advantage of the ultra HD display. Streaming 4K video from Google Play Movies need the high internet sped, this post will tell you another way to play 4K video on VIZIO TVs.
Tip: As a reminder, the Google Play Movies & TV app is also available for 2016 model of Samsung Smart TVs, LG TVs and Roku.
Tip: You also can download and install additional apps onn VIZIO TVs that can improve your movie experience.
- Verify that your Vizio Smart TV is connected to the Internet using a wireless or wired connection. An Internet connection is required to add and install new apps.
- Power on your television and press the “V” button on your remote. This will access the App Bar.
- Use the arrow keys on your remote to highlight either the Yahoo TV Store or CTV Store. Your options will vary depending on the model of your Vizio Smart TV.
- Press “OK” to launch the app store. A list of all available apps will display on-screen.
- Browse through the app store to find the app you want installed on your television. Examples of app categories you can choose from are Videos, Games, Sports, Lifestyle, Education, and more.
- Highlight the app you want added to your Vizio Smart TV, then press “OK.”
- Use the arrow keys to highlight “Install App,” then press “OK.” The app will begin downloading, and display on the App Bar when complete.
Create 4K Library for Vizio TVs Freely
Do you still stream 4K videos on Google Play Movies app? Are you worried about the high internet speed? We have found the best way to play 4K video on VIZIO TVs without Google Play Movies & TV app, with Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate, you can enjoy best 4K video in this software. Tell you the secret: You can upscale the common video to 4K video with the high 4K video quality. 4K H.265, 4K H.264 video are the best 4K video formats for VIZIO TVs. You also can compress 4K video to HD video for HD TV.
You don’t worry about the video incompatibility issue any more, at the video setting windows, you can adjust the video and audio parameters: video codec, video frame, video resolution, video bitrate, etc. For better hearing enjoyment, you even can change the audio channels. With the built-in video editor, you can change the 4K video aspect ratio for better video playback, this 4K video converter provides 16:10, 16:9, 5:4, 4:3, 3:2, and 2:1 for you. Follow these steps and get you desired 4K videos.
Step by Step to Create 4K Library for Vizio TVs
Step 1. Load the video files
Open this software and click File to add the video, you also can drag the video to this software directly. You also can take full sue of the DVD and Blu-ray movie, import the DVD/Blu-ray dics, images, folders to it and get the 4K video files.
Step 2. Choose 4K video format
Click Format and choose H.264 High Profile video (.*mp4) from Common Video, also can choose H.265 HD video (.*mp4) or H.264 HD video (.*mov) from HD video.
Then click Setting and adjust the video parameters: video codec, audio codec, video frame, video bitrate, audio channels, etc. You need to adjusthe video solution to 3840×2160 or other 4K video resolution: DCI 4K UHD: 4096 × 2160, 4K Monoscopic 360 4096 × 2048.
With the built-in video editor, you can edit the video at wiil, these buttons are easy to do, like the video aspect ratio: (4K UHD: 16:9 aspect ratio | DCI 4K UHD: 17:9 aspect ratio | 4K Monoscopic 360 2:1 aspect ratio), you can realize it in this window.
Step 3. Start 4K video conversion
Final step is to go back to the main interface and click Convert button to start the 4K video conversion. The 4K video conversion speed is fast, this 4K video converter takes full use of the GPU acceleration, you can get 30x faster speed than other video converter.
Wait for a while, you can get the output video files. When you get the video files, you need a USB flash drive, and save the 4K video to it, insert the USB to Vizio TVs and play the 4K video on Vizio TVs smoothly.