3D videos are good, but watching 3D videos needs many tools, like the 3D TV or a computer with 3D capable video-card and/or 3D capable monitor, if you have the 3D videos, don’t have these 3D devices, how to play the 3D videos? You are lucky to be here, you can get the skill to enjoy the modern 3D movies on a regular TV or computer. At the same time, to maintain the 3D effect, or better said the depth perception, the good old red/blue glasses will be used (Anaglyph). Even though not a colorful as the real deal, but with the proper 3D glasses still pretty cool to watch. You can use this skill on the Windows, MacOS X and Linux.
You need to prepare these tools:
- 3D Movie in SBS (Side-by-Side) format
- Anaglyph Red and Blue 3D Glasses
- VideoLAN Media Player
Getting the 3D SBS Movies
Before we start the skill, you need to know that you only can use the SBS (Side-by-Side) 3D Movies, if not, you can try: Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate which is a professional 3D video converter, you can convert other 3D movies, like 3D Anaglyph or 3D Top/Bottom to 3D SBS movies, best of all, you even can enjoy the free 3D videos from the common 2D videos, DVDs and Bluray movies. 3D MKV, 3D MP4, 3D MOV, 3D WMV, 3D AVI with different 3D effects are all here for you. Just few clicks, you need do.
1. Open this 3D video converter and drag the 3D videos or other common videos to the left window directly.
2. Click Format and open the output video format list, here, you can choose any 3D video formats you like, such as: 3D MKV, 3D MP4, 3D MOV, 3D WMV, 3D AVI.
3. Choose the 3D video effects, like: 3D Side by Side, like the 3D SBS MP4, 3D SBS MOV, 3D SBS AVI, etc.
4. Go back to the main interface, hit right-bottom “Convert” button to begin the 3D video conversion.
Anaglyph Red and Blue 3D Glasses
To be able to get depth perception, you’ll also need the good old red and blue 3D Glasses ( Anaglyph 3D Glasses), which you might have laying around or you can buy them for really cheap, you can buy one from the Amazon which is cheap, we choose out for you:
- Black Anaglyphic 3d Glasses Red Blue Cyan Stereoscopic Motion/picture $9.95
- 5pcs Black Frame Red Blue 3d Glasses For Game Dvd Dimensional Anaglyph $6.99
- A62 Plastic Frame Resin Lens Anaglyphic Blue + Red 3D Glasses $4.99
- Universal Type 3D Glasses/Red Blue Cyan 3D glasses Anaglyph 3D Plastic Glasses $4.7
- Magideal 5 Pairs Children Plastics Red/blue 3d Glasses Anaglyph $3.78
VideoLAN Media Player
Here, you can use the VLC to play the 3D videos which is available on multiple platforms but we’re focussing only on the Windows, MacOS X and Linux versions (2.1.0 or newer!) and is capable of playing a SBS 3D movie as an Anaglyph movie. The amount of colors will be reduced of course and the movie looks a little darker, but it’s still watchable. You also can choose other excellent 3D media player, like the CyberLink DVD, KMPlayer, Potplayer and so on.
Watching the 3D Videos Without A 3D TV
1. The Open your video file with VLC. The file format (MP4, AVI, MKV, etc.), for Windows users, you should use at least VLC version 2.1.0!
2. Select from the menu “Tools” the option “Effects and Filters” (or press CTRL+E).
3. Choose the tab “Video Effects“, then the “Advanced” tab, check the option “Anaglyph 3D” and click “Close“.
4. Put on your 3D Glasses and watch the movie in 3D
NOTE: For Mac users, you need to download the at least VLC version 2.1.0 too. For Linux you’ll need at least VLC version 2.1.0 as well, which can be surprisingly complicated for the average user. They have the similar steps, you just need to set the 3D video effect as the Anaglyph 3D.