Cloud Media have made available a new addition to their range of media players with the launch of the Popcorn Hour A-500 Pro. Its processor is combined with Mali-400 MP4 graphics and supports HEVC decode. Other features include SD slot and HDMI port (with audio) at up to 3840 x 2160 @ 30Hz with cable to name a few. With this super high resolution, you can watch HD even 4K movies on it. You even can play DVD movies on this Popcorn Hour A-500 Pro. But before this, you should rip DVD to Popcorn Hour A-500 Pro supported format on Mac OS X El Capitan.
Popcorn Hour A-500 Pro Supported Media File Formats:
- Audio: AAC, FLAC, OGG, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, WMA, WMA Pro, MPEG-1 Layer 1, 2, 3, MPEG-4 AAC-LC, MPEG-4 HE-AAC, MPEG-4 BSAC ,LPCM, FLAC, Vorbis, TrueAudio, APE Audio
- Video: MPEG1/2/4 Elementary (M1V, M2V, M4V), MPEG1/2 PS (M2P, MPG, DAT, VOB), MPEG2 Transport Stream (TS, TP, TRP, M2T, M2TS, MTS), AVI, ASF, WMV, Matroska (MKV), MOV (H.264), MP4, RMP4, 3D BD ISO
From the above chart, we figure out that although Popcorn Hour A-500 Pro support support various video format, it can;t play DVD directly. If you want to play DVD on Popcorn Hour A-500 Pro, you should copy DVD to VOB, MKV, MP4, WMV on Mac OS X El Capitan. This need you to ask help for a DVD Ripper. Handbrake can do this unless your DVD is copy-protected. Otherwise, you should turn to a Mac Handbrake alternative.
Pavtube BDMagic for Mac is a good choice. It can rip commercial and homemade DVD, DVD Folder, DVD IFO/ISO, even Blu-ray to MP4, MOV, MKV, AVI, WMV for Popcorn Hour A-500 Pro on Mac OS X El Capitan. It offers two ways to copy DVD, full disc copy and directly copy DVD main title. What’s more, it allows you to adjust video and audio bitrate, size to get better or smaller size video so that you can store more DVD movies on your SD card, HDD or other storage device.
Its Windows version is called Pavtube BDMgic, both of which are in the Pavtube Thanksgiving Coupon activity, where you can get Pavtube product at up to 40% off discount.
Free download and install:
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-ripper-mac/
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-BDMagic/3000-7970_4-76177782.html
How to Copy DVD for Popcorn Hour A-500 Pro on Mac OS X ElCapitan?
Step 1 : Input DVD source video
Instert DVD disc to DVD Drive and run DVD to Popcorn Hour A-500 Pro converter. Click “Add Disc” button on this program to import DVD into this app.
Step 2: Choose output format
Here, you have many choices, you can choose MP4, MKV, MOV, WMV in “Common Video” or “HD Video”. Moreover, you can select to directly copy DVD to VOB file for Popcorn Hour A-500 Pro.
Tip: When you choose to copy DVD to MP4, MOV, etc video, you can adjust video/audio parameters in “Settings”. If you plan to directly copy DVD to Popcorn Hour A-500 Pro, you won’t be able to reset the video spec.
Step 3: Copy DVD to Popcorn Hour A-500 Pro
Hit on the “Convert” button on software main interface and DVD to VOB/MP4/MOV/MKV conversion begins. After it is done, find the ripped DVD movie in output folder.
For other Popcorn Hour product, like Popcorn Hour A-400, the app is also a good partner to watch DVD, even Blu-ray.
ByteCopy for Windows/Mac – It can rip Blu-ray/DVD to lossless MKV keeping multi-track subtile/audio and all chapter markers.
Pavtube Video COnverter for Windows/Mac – Function of converting Blu-ray/DVD, 4K/SD/HD video in any format to nearly all popular video format you have ever seen.
- Backup DVD Collection to HDD for Sumvision Micro 4 Media Player
- How to Rip TV Series DVD to Episodes for Plex?
- Rip 300 DVD Collection to External Drive for Dell/Lenovo/Toshiba Laptops
- Backup and Upload DVD Collections to Seagate Wireless Plus
- Put DVD Collection to Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ for Playing