MX Player is a free and open media player software. The program is available for all major operating systems, including Linux, macOS and other Unix-like systems, as well as for Microsoft Windows, you can watch practically any film, regardless of its format, on the screen of our Android device. Most Android users like this software in deep. But some users complain that they can’t play some 4K videos on MX Player smoothly, MX player can support the 4K videos, why not can’t play some 4K videos?
We can get the 4K videos from various ways, for example: You can download the 4K video from the professional 4K video websites, you can capture the 4K video with the camera, iPhone 8, android smartphones, you also can record the 4K videos with the DJI drone, when you play the 4K videos on MX Player, you are disappointed, the screen is black. MX Player can play some 4K video such as 4K H.265, 4K H.264, you get the 4K video in 4K MXF, 4K Prores, 4K XAVC S, etc, what a pity, MX Player can’t recognize these 4K videos. Don’t be sad. we provide 3 solutions for you to play 4K video.
Solution 1. Select the 4K Video Player – MX Player Alternative
You can choose other excellent 4K player instead of the MX Player
*VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player is one of the oldest and most reliable media apps. It is a cross-platform player and it’s able to play most of the multimedia files and CDs, DVDs, VCDs, etc. and other streaming protocols. One of its best features is that it can play most of the codecs without even installing any codec packs like WMA, MKV, DivX and many more. Know more: 4K to VLC
This is simply a movie player which runs on multiple systems, and that is one of its primary features. Its compatibility lies with a great number of video formats like AVI, WMB, MP4, FLI, VIVO, PVA, RealMedia and so on which are supported by multiple codecs like Win32 DLL, XAnim, etc.
The KMPlayer is another media player that is very versatile. It covers all kinds of formats like 3GP, WMA, QuickTime, RealMedia, DVD, OGG, VCD, etc. among many others. It has a unique feature that lets you take screenshots in a number of ways. If you want to play TS videos on your device from Technisat Digicorder, choose it.
Solution 2. Convert the 4K Videos to MX Player Supported Videos
You also can choose another way: Convert the 4K video to MX Player 4K video formats: 4K H.264, 4K H.265, 4K video converter can do this. You can choose the 4K video formats or adjust the 4K video parameters. There are many 4K video converters on the marker, some are free, some are professional, we want to recommend one: Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate, you can import any 4K videos, like the 4K MXF, 4K AVI, 4K MOV, 4K Prores, 4K XAVC S, etc. You can get the perfect 4K H.264, 4K H.265 videos, bestv of all, this software takes full use of the GPU acceleration, you can get the 30x faster speed. Let’s go to the amazing 4K videos.
1. This 4K video converter is easy to install, after the video installation, you can open the video converter and load the 4K videos you want to convert, just drag the videos to the left window directly. You also can add one folder which holds many 4K video files, you can do the batch video conversion.
2. Click Format and choose the HD videos, then you need to enter the video setting and adjust the video resolution form HD to 4K video resolution. You have 3 options:
- Common video > H.264 High Profile video (.*mp4)
- HD video > H.265 HD video (.*mp4)
- HD video > H.264 HD video (.*mov)
3. If you want to experience the lighting 4K video conversion speed, you can do: Click “Tools” > “Options”, in the opened “Options” window, click “Acceleration” menu, then check “Enable GPU Encode Acceleration” option.
4. After these, go back to the main interface and click the Convert button to start the 4K video conversion. Few minutes, you can get the desired 4K H.264 or 4K H.265 videos for MX Player.
Solution 3. Compress 4K to HD Videos for MX Player
Do you care the HD videos? If not, maybe you can try this way: Compress the 4K video to HD video without much quality loss. Above video converter can do it for you too, you just need 3 clicks:
1. This 4K video converter is easy to install, after the video installation, you can open the video converter and load the 4K videos you wnat to convert, just drag the videios to the left window directly. You also can add one folder which holds many 4K video files, you can do the batch video conversion.
2. Click Format and choose the HD videos, for example: You can choose the H.264 High Profile video (.*mp4) from Common video or H.265 HD video (.*mp4)/ H.264 HD video (.*mov) form the HD video. If you want to play the 4K video on other devices, like the Apple TV 4K, Xbox One S, PS4 Pro, Kodi, etc, you also can choose the device preset which can provide the best device supported video formats.
3. After these, go back to the main interface and click the Convert button to start the video conversion. You also can get other professional video compressor.
Conclusion: Which way do you like best? Whatever you choose, hope you can enjoy an unforgettable 4K video playback.